FAIRPLAY, CO BURRO RACE: 15 MILES RUNNING WITH A BURRO.
SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2010. START IS AT 10:30 AM ON FRONT STREET.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day Day Nineteen - Hop Skip and ... Achoo

Has it already been more than a week? Shout out to my 6-mile Wash Park run last Friday with Emily Drummond - amazing how fast 6 miles can go when you're chatting!

Other than that, so far I have:
- Laid in the pool.
- Worked on my tan.
- Eaten the buffet at the Wynn.
- Purchased impractical shoes.
- Posed for glamorous pictures.

That's what 4 days in Vegas will do to ya (see pics below) ... the Wynn seemed to be the opposite of all-inclusive. All-exclusive. Want to work out at the fancy fitness center? That will be $15 per day per person. Want a cocktail by the pool? That will be $14. But it was great learning about Nick's family, not to mention the poolside pina colada relax time.


The biggest bummer is that I came down with a killer cold and had to cancel a run with the third big burro-racing guru, Curtis Imrie. It would have been a 10-15 mile run with donkeys in Buena Vista - JUST what I need in terms of training right now. But alas, instead I stayed home and Nick made me chicken soup. Damn cold. It is really screwing up my plans.

My hope for tomorrow is to get in at least 6 miles up in Fairplay. Then Sunday another good chunk and then maybe I can do a nice long run Monday.... Tuesday training with Bill and Brad and the BURROS!

But in the meantime we are headed up to Fairplay for the Fourth of July! We will celebrate being real, live, adults who can go up to the cabin on our own with [our 20-something] friends and also celebrate being engaged for a year! Hooray. :)

Why do I always feel like I'm playing catch-up? .... But I must not tarry!

No comments:

Post a Comment