FAIRPLAY, CO BURRO RACE: 15 MILES RUNNING WITH A BURRO.
SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2010. START IS AT 10:30 AM ON FRONT STREET.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day Eight - Catching Up

Yes, I know - it's been awhile. But I've been running!

The highlights were running in Golden on Thursday along the creek - there is this great loop that you can do a few times to get in extra mileage. There are shirtless men and bikini-clad ladies lounging in the creek and plenty of kayakers. Lots to look at to make you forget your legs are running. And the best part!? Lunch afterward with my Outward Bound people. Nice.

And more running at Wash Park - the scenery never fails.

My training got a little slowed down this weekend because, seeing as it was my birthday weekend, we packed in the activities and festivities.


We may have gotten derailed by a bachelorette limo party on Friday night... And Father's Day! And an engagement photo shoot on my birthday - shoutout to the lovely Katie Derus of KD photography... http://www.katiederusphoto.com/. Although I haven't seen the pics yet, I am sure they'll be gorgeous.

Okay, so I have a little catching up to do. But fear not. Today will be another long run - hoping to head up towards Golden/ Heritage Square to do 7 miles today. The goal is 10 miles by the end of the month.

And the best news is I'm hooked up with Brad M. Wann - Media Relations for Western Pack Burro Ass-ociation, who is helping me search for a burro. 

Keepin' on keepin' on, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment