FAIRPLAY, CO BURRO RACE: 15 MILES RUNNING WITH A BURRO.
SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2010. START IS AT 10:30 AM ON FRONT STREET.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day Two: Wash Park Recovery

Today was all about visiting my grandma, reminding myself of life's priorities, and taking a recovery run at Wash Park. The norm so far has been once around and back to my apt - about 3 miles. Today's goal was twice around - about 6 miles.

So here's the Ipod report (on shuffle):
I felt like Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" was especially appropriate for today - park jammed with cute couples, lush green grass, adorable dogs, and plenty of fellow runners. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Y2zdyRin8.

I admit I had to walk for two short songs. And just when I felt like stopping again Madonna's "Die Another Day" came on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBycCIszyxQ.

Made me want to run much faster than all the boys. And I did. For a song. Then Nelly's "Heart of a Champion" came on. And I ran my butt back to my apartment - almost 6 miles completed! Victory!

Bonus: heard a sound like a snowball hitting asphalt during my run. It was a fat squirrel who had fallen flat on his back out of a tree branch! Poor guy was stunned - like a turtle stuck on his shell. But he squirmed around and scampered off. 

In other news, Nordstrom Rack @ Park Meadows is having a ridiculous sale on BCBG dresses... Like $17 kind of sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment